Join us at the world-leading CRUK Cambridge Institute. We’re a unique department of the University of Cambridge, core funded by Cancer Research UK’s charitable activities, and we’re eagerly searching for our new Human Resources Administrator.
We’re a pragmatic, dynamic, values-driven, and outcome-orientated HR team, passionate about delivering the institute’s ‘people and culture strategy’. The successful candidate will play a vital role in this, with responsibilities including:
– The provision of a responsive and high-quality administration service, escalating issues to senior members of the HR team where appropriate.
– Managing the HR team mailbox, providing first-line HR support to our 400+ colleagues and line managers.
– Under the supervision of the HR Advisor & HR Coordinator, support recruitment campaigns from advertisement to appointment, liaising with hiring managers and candidates to ensure a great result.
– Management and maintenance of institute and University HR information systems, including the inputting of absence records, appraisal records, and overseeing holiday calculations.
– Preparation of departmental communications and formal letters, such as responses to flexible working requests.
– Providing personalised onboarding support for our newly acquired talent, from organising induction plans to coordinating welcome events.
– Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) responsibilities for the institute, for which full training will be provided.
If you are our successful candidate, you will benefit from the support of an experienced HR team who will be fully invested in your success and professional development. You will also be able to participate in the institute’s flexible hybrid-working approach.
We welcome applications from those wishing to work flexibly. We are seeking to recruit 36.5 hours, full-time or part-time job share, on a permanent basis.
Our institute links the laboratory to the clinic, carrying out cancer research of direct relevance to patients.
Our mission is to tackle the most difficult problems in cancer and improve patient outcomes.
Our science holds the solution.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure (criminal records check) check, a health assessment and a security check.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
Click the ‘Apply’ button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please ensure that you outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role on the online application form.
Please include details of your referees, including email address and phone number, one of which must be your most recent line manager.
Please quote reference SW33299 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.