Below is a list of our upcoming training courses including those that members of the Bioinformatics Core are running alongside other bioinformaticians within the University.
Clicking on the links will take you to a sign-up page. Unless stated otherwise, all courses are available to those with a University of Cambridge Raven ID.
- Free for registered University of Cambridge students (but see non-attendance below).
- £ 50/day for all University of Cambridge staff, including postdocs, temporary visitors (students and researchers)and participants from Affiliated Institutions. Please note that these charges are recovered by us at the Institutional level
- It remains the participant’s responsibility to acquire prior approval from the relevant group leader, line manager or budget holder to attend the course. It is requested that people booking only do so with the agreement of the relevant party as costs will be charged back to your Lab Head or Group Supervisor.
- £ 50/day for all other academic participants from external Institutions and charitable organizations. These charges must be paid at registration
- £ 100/day for all Industry participants. These charges must be paid at registration
- Further details regarding the charging policy are available here
- Non-attendance (i.e. failure to cancel via the supplied cancellation link) will, barring exceptional circumstances, result in a penalty of £50/day being levied. This is an avoidable cost to CRUK plus repeated non-attendance may result in your being refused training places.
Please contact Mark Fernandes for more information on our training courses.
The following training courses are being run by (or taught on by) members of the Bioinformatics Core.
|Michaelmas Term 2021
|Course||Date(s)||Venue & Booking link|
|Experimental Design||20 Ocl 2021||Online via Zoom|
|Introduction to Statistical Analysis||9 Nov 2021||Online via Zoom|
|Managing your Research Data||3 Dec 2021||
Online via Zoom
Bioinformatics Training Facility at the Department of Genetics
Many of our courses are part of the programme run by the University of Cambridge Bioinformatics Training Facility located in the Craik-Marshall Building at the Department of Genetics.
A full listing of upcoming bioinformatics training courses available under this programme can be found here.