The following training courses are being run or taught by members of the Bioinformatics Core.
Easter/Summer Term 2022
|Course||Date(s)||Venue & booking link|
|Practical introduction to high-performance computing||25, 26 April||Online live training|
|Analysis of bulk RNA-seq data||28 April, 5, 12 May||Online live training|
|Introduction to R for biologists||4, 6 May||Online live training|
|Introduction to Python for biologists||10, 11, 17, 18 May (half-days)||Online live training|
|Introduction to R for biologists||15, 16, 22, 23 June (half-days)||Online live training|
|Analysis of single cell RNA-seq data||17, 24 June, 1 July||Online live training|
|Practical introduction to high-performance computing||13, 14 July||Online live training|
Clicking on the links will take you to a registration page. Courses without a booking link are not yet open for registration. These courses are generally popular so book up as early as possible.
Please contact Chandu Chilamakuri for more information on our training courses.
Bioinformatics Training Facility at the Department of Genetics
Many of our courses are part of the programme run by the University of Cambridge Bioinformatics Training Facility located in the Craik-Marshall Building at the Department of Genetics.
A full listing of upcoming bioinformatics training courses available under this programme can be found using the following link.
- Free for registered University of Cambridge students, but see non-attendance below
- £50 per day for all University of Cambridge staff including postdocs; these charges are recovered at the departmental or institutional level
- CRUK CI staff only: the institute currently covers the cost of registration fees, these are not cross-charged to your group budget
- Please cancel your booking if you are unable to attend as this will free up a space for someone on the waiting list
- There is a penalty fee of £50 per day for non-attendance that will be charged to your responsible department or you personally should the department refuse to pay, so please remember to cancel if you are unable to attend
- Further details of the charging policy can be found here