The following training courses are being run or taught by members of the Bioinformatics Core.
Michaelmas Term 2022
|Course||Date(s)||Venue & booking link|
|Analysis of single cell RNA-seq data||12, 20, 26 September||Bioinformatics Training Room, Craik-Marshall Building|
|Introduction to Python for biologists||12, 20 September||Online live training|
|Introduction to R for biologists||13, 14 September||Online live training|
|Introduction to R for biologists||14, 21 October||Online live training|
|Experimental design||31 October||Online live training|
|Managing your research data||7 November||Online live training|
|Analysis of bulk RNA-seq data||18, 25 November, 2 December||Online live training|
|Introduction to linear modelling with R||21 November||Online live training|
|CRUK CI student training – basic R and drop-in session||24 November||CRUK CI room 009/215 (CI students only)|
|Introduction to statistical analysis||29 November||Online live training|
|Reproducible research with R||1 December||Online live training and in person (Craik-Marshall)|
Clicking on the links will take you to a registration page. Courses without a booking link are not yet open for registration. These courses are generally popular so book up as early as possible. If a course is already fully booked, it is possible to add yourself to a waiting list from the booking page.
Please contact Mark Fernandes for more information on our training courses.
Bioinformatics Training Facility at the Department of Genetics
Many of our courses are part of the programme run by the University of Cambridge Bioinformatics Training Facility located in the Craik-Marshall Building at the Department of Genetics.
A full listing of upcoming bioinformatics training courses available under this programme can be found using the following link.
- Free for registered University of Cambridge students, but see non-attendance below
- £50 per day for all University of Cambridge staff including postdocs; these charges are recovered at the departmental or institutional level
- CRUK CI staff only: the institute currently covers the cost of registration fees, these are not cross-charged to your group budget
- Please cancel your booking if you are unable to attend as this will free up a space for someone on the waiting list
- There is a penalty fee of £50 per day for non-attendance that will be charged to your responsible department or you personally should the department refuse to pay, so please remember to cancel if you are unable to attend
- Further details of the charging policy can be found here